January 3rd, 2023
Alcohol and Drug Rehab Treatment in North Yorkshire
If you live in or around North Yorkshire and feel as though you may be suffering from alcohol or drug addiction, or are worried about a loved one’s drug, alcohol use, or behavioural addictions, there are many ways to get help and support. Below you will find a list of services near North Yorkshire, with contact details and opening times for specific drop-in centres and group sessions.
No matter how far advanced you or loved one’s addiction, there are specialist treatment centres that can detox and rehabilitate allowing you to live a life addiction-free. If you’re in North Yorkshire and want help for yourself or a loved one, read on for a guide to some of the relevant organisations and facilities in the area.If it’s private rehab treatment you are looking for, UKAT has a number of residential rehab centres located in close proximity of North Yorkshire for those that require immediate help with their substance misuse.
Addiction of any type is a serious condition – and in the most serious cases presents a significant danger to the life of the addict, as well as, potentially, the health and well-being of those around them. In such cases, private rehabilitation is frequently the best and most immediate treatment option.
UKAT are proud to offer Oasis Recovery Bradford is our addiction treatment facility just 18 miles away in West Yorkshire.
Oasis Recovery Bradford provides a safe, supportive environment, where clients can complete a medically supervised detox from drugs and/ or alcohol, or stabilise their use safely with medical support and within a specialist treatment setting.
- Prescribed Medical Detoxification
- Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Proven Counselling Treatments
- Holistic Therapies
- 12 Step Recovery Model
- One-to-One & Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Trauma therapy
- Psychiatric assessments
- Dual diagnosis care
- Aftercare & Ongoing Therapies
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- CQC Registered
- 24-Hour Care
All UKAT rehabs offer support and help through our facilitated family groups. These groups enable those close to the sufferer an opportunity to talk about the impact that alcoholism and drug addiction has had on their lives and to look at how they can improve their emotional well-being. Family support groups take place on a weekly basis at each of our centres and anyone who has a close connection to the addict in our treatment programme can attend. You can find out more information regarding days and times on our family support page.
These groups provide guidance and support network built and an understanding of addiction acquired. All of which can contribute to ongoing long-term recovery for both addicts and family members.
The Benefits of Private Rehab
If you or a loved one are seriously struggling with addiction, private rehab provides:
- Immediate admission 365 days a year
- Safety from local triggers
- Medical detox with 24/7 care & support
- Overcome the root causes of addiction
- Experienced team of doctors & therapists
- Personalised rehabilitation programme
- Look, feel, sleep better & regain confidence
- Learn relapse prevention techniques
- Fitness and nutrition programme
- 1 year complimentary aftercare support
Sober Transport Service
Making the journey from home to the clinic can feel overwhelming, especially if you’re travelling further out for treatment. We offer a sober transport service works to ensure you or your loved one are taken from door to door safely and securely while supporting you along the way and affording the opportunity discuss any concerns you may have in a professional and understanding way.
The cost of rehab can vary depending on the area and the type of treatment you require. However, it is usually priced between £833 – £2,750 per week. If you are thinking about attending a private rehab facility near North Yorkshire and would like to find out specific costings, get in touch and we will be able to provide you with this information to aid you in making a decision.
To find out further information on the cost of rehab enter your number below and one of our team will call you back
What Treatment Services Are Offered by the NHS?
The NHS has certified many organisations and clinics, providing free addiction treatment and assistance for people in the county. These clinics are managed by different organisations, but they are all obliged to follow the NHS standards. If you are looking for detox and rehabilitation in York, Middlesbrough or Harrogate, you will probably find a number of these clinics at your disposal. However, citizens from the smaller areas in the county will oftentimes also be redirected to clinics in the more populated zones.
In North Yorkshire, there are a number of organisations that provide drug and alcohol treatment, such as:
- Motivational interviewing
- Community detoxification
- Care management
- Support for families
- Recovery and care planning
- One-to-one support
Where Are These Services Based?
- Free services
- Clinics spredout throuhout the country
- All run in accordance with the NHS standards
- Lengthy waiting times, sometimes reaching as many as 12 weeks
- Lacking in modern and innoative therapies
- Limited admissions
- The nearest available bed could be hours away
- Therapists are often caring for many patients at once
To discuss your options further please enter your telephone number below and one of our highly trained team will be in touch as soon as possible:
Free Addiction Treatment Services Available in North Yorkshire
North Yorkshire Horizons is one of the free services offering a range of confidential and non-judgemental help for individuals and their families. If your life has been affected by drugs or alcohol, you can easily reach out to them without the pressure of funding the consultation being in the way of your healing. North Yorkshire Horizons operates from five main Hubs across the county: Harrogate, Northallerton, Scarborough, Selby, and Skipton.
Compass REACH – Young People
Telephone: 01609 777 662
Address: County Hall, 1 Racecourse Lane, Northallerton, North Yorkshire, DL7 8AD
Website: Compass REACH – Young People website.
Compass REACH helps young people who are struggling with risk taking behaviour. They proide support and aid in order to make positive lifestyle changes, focusing on the oerall improval of long-term health, resilience, and emotional wellbeing.
North Yorkshire Horizons
Telephone:01723 330 730
Address: 5 The Applegarth, Northallerton,
North Yorkshire, DL7 8LZ
Website: North Yorkshire Horizons website.
They provide range of support including structured counselling, day programmes, and detox or rehab programmes. You can access their services from anywhere in North Yorkshire
York Drug and Alcohol Service
Telephone: 01904 464 688
Address: 3 Blossom Street, York,
North Yorkshire, YO24 1AU
Website: York Drug and Alcohol Service website.
Changing Lives is a nationwide, registered charity. They provide specialist support for thousands of vulnerable people and their families. They can help people from all ages find solutions to problems such as homelessness, domestic violence, addiction, and long-term uneployment.
Addiction Support Groups in North Yorkshire
Addiction support groups are specifically focused on substance abuse and behavioural addictions and the issues associated with recovery. Support groups are normally focused on a specific type of addiction which separates one group from another. This makes it easier for members to focus and feel as if their particular issues are being addressed by others who share their same experiences.
What is NA?
NA (Narcotics Anonymous) is a non-profit fellowship for all people whose lives have become unmanageable through the use of drugs. Everyone in attendance is looking to abstain from drug use and find a new way to live by following the programme. There are no fees, as this is a work devoted to helping through sharing experiences and communication rather than using professional therapists, counsellors and medication as in a fully fledged rehabilitation clinic.
Anonymity is a vital factor of the fellowship to enable everyone to attend without fear of social repercussions.
What is AA?
Like NA, AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) is a non-profit fellowship for all people whose lives have been negatively affected by alcohol misuse. These meetings are held throughout the week and can be beneficial for anyone seeking help after having undergone a structured detox or rehab programme. Even if they have not, however, people can still attend meetings and get to know others who share their pain and addictions. It is a useful place to learn about local treatment options available to people from North Yorkshire and the nearby counties.
Harrogate Baptist Church, Victoria Ave
Wednesdays at 8:00pm
St Peter’s Church, Cambridge Rd
Wednesdays at 7:00pm
Friends Meeting House, 12 Queen Parade
Thursdays at 8:00pm
See the full list of AA meetings in and around North Yorkshire
Mondays at 5:30 pm
Step Working Guide
The Rainbow Centre, Parish House, Castle Road
Tuesdays at 6:00pm
New Life Baptist Church
52-54 High Street
Mondays at 7:00pm
Rear Ground Floor
Bowes Morrell House, 111 Walmgate
See the full list of NA meetings in and around North Yorkshire
North Yorkshire is a well developed broad county in the north o England. It’s easily accessible via a number of roads such as the A1(M), the A19, the A59, and the A65. If you’re arriving in Richmond, for example, from London, the quickest route would be via the M1 and then the A1(M), exiting the latter at the A66 (W)/A6108 exit. It would take you a bit longer than 4.5 hours. From Liverpool, on the other hand, the fastest route is about half that time. If you’re departing from Liverpool, take the M6 directly and exit at junction 38, taking the B6260/A685 exit to Brough/Appleby.
The busiest train stations in the county are located in York, Middlesbrough, Harrogate, and Scarborough. Services in the area are provided by Northern Railway, the Transpennine Express, and Grand Central. Unfortunately, no direct train route from either London or Liverpool to Richmond, the best option would be to take a train to Darlington or another nearby area and switch to a bus service according to your final destination.
About North Yorkshire
Ukat is proud to offer Addiction Treatment services in North Yorkshire. North Yorkshire’s main attractions include Fylingthorpe, Forbidden Corner, Rosedale Abbey, Jervaulx Abbey, and The Spa. Found within North Yorkshire are a number of prominent rivers and waterways including River Aire, River Kyle, Gouthwaite Reservoir, Thornton Steward Reservoir, and River Seven. North Yorkshire provides residents and businesses local services and administrative duties from County Hall, Northallerton.
- Other villages in North Yorkshire include Thornton-le-Moor, Weeton, Cotterdale, Yafforth, and Streetlam.
- Last but not least North Yorkshire also includes Thorganby, Yearsley, Askham Richard, Borrowby, and West Marton.
- Incorporated settlements within North Yorkshire’s boundary now include Robin Hood’s Bay, North York Moors, Whitby, Knipe Point, Kilburn White Horse, Hinderwell, and Yorkshire Dales National Park.
- Other service areas of Ukat in North Yorkshire, England are comprised ofNidderdale AONB, Nidd Gorge, Filey, Runswick Bay, and Staithes,
- as well as North Yorkshire’s outlying urban areas Fylingthorpe, Scarborough, and Goldsborough.
- Amongst the numerous schools and further education establishments in North Yorkshire are St Peter’s School, and St Augustine’s Catholic School.
- North Yorkshire residents enjoy access to Old Palace (York).
- Additional educational institutions within North Yorkshire is the Dorman Museum, and Captain Cook Memorial Museum.
- Harrogate District Hospital, and St Luke’s Hospital deliver services locally to the North Yorkshire area.
- Scampston Hall, Sutton Park, and Rievaulx Terrace are popular with North Yorkshire locals and are known throughout England.
- A173 road, A66 road, and A167 road are intrinsic to North Yorkshire transport infastructure.
- North Yorkshire’s reknown can be attributed to its diverse heritage including Whitby Abbey, Pickering Castle, and Star Carr Pendant.
- North Yorkshire encompasses notable heritage assets including Nun Appleton Priory, Grade II* listed buildings in Redcar and Cleveland, The Ridding, Spofforth Castle, and Ribston Hall.
- North Yorkshire houses some well known churches including St John the Baptist’s Church, St Martin’s Church, and Osmotherley Friends Meeting House.
- North Yorkshire has a notable history, including “Little” North Western Railway, RAF Catterick, Thornborough Henges, Battle of Selby, and Wath Rural District.
- North Yorkshire’s shopping centers are famous and people flock to Brunswick Shopping Centre
Find rehabilitation in North Yorkshire near you
Are you from a city or town in North Yorkshire and want to know what the options are locally to you? Check out the following pages to find out more about rehab in different parts of North Yorkshire: